Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Park Rollercoaster Refused

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

As a consultant planner who has both been rewarded and gutted by decisions of the almighty Bord, even I wouldn't say its ridiculous.

Yes, things like critical infrastructure have received increased bias in the public interest in Planning law the last few years, but a) roller coasters aren't that b) if something is over development or injurious to residential amenity or liable to attract traffic to exceed the local road capacity, then its quite legitimate to turn it down.

You're quite right, a massive indoor ski centre was proposed for Ballycoolin in Blanchardstown in the Tiger years but it never got beyond concept. In my opinion it would have failed in planning for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

An Bord Pleanála Strike again and a few toffee noses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

It's a business that has its ups and downs alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The King Crisps lobbyists at it again no doubt. A few crinkley bags changed hands no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

You go on a rollercoaster for the scare, nothing would build that up more than an abysmal safety record.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The King Crisps lobbyists at it again no doubt. A few crinkley bags changed hands no doubt.

What if I told you...
    That they are made in the same factory!

I'm still trying to come to terms with finding out myself!!!!!!

It's a potatoe control ploy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

banie01 wrote: »
    What if I told you...
    That they are made in the same factory!

I'm still trying to come to terms with finding out myself!!!!!!

It's a potatoe control ploy!

The difference is that King crisps are made from protestant spuds and Mr Taytos from catholic spuds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Explains why King Crisps are so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Have you seen what Mr Tayto looks like over the border tho?

All he's short is a sash ;)
    It's clearly Nigel Dodds :pac:

484951.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

petros1980 wrote: »
    Another example of the ridiculous planning system in the country.

No it isn't. :confused:

It would appear they wanted to build it on a flood plain, the only ridiculous thing about this is that it got past council planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

kowloon wrote: »
    You go on a rollercoaster for the scare, nothing would build that up more than an abysmal safety record.

9 injuries from a stairs and one girl with neck damage (from going on the same ride that no one else was injured) is far from abysmal from 1000000 visitors. That'd 1 in 100000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Explains why King Crisps are so much better.

A little salty for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,424 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Tayto will need to buy out the local properties to continue expansion by the looks of things as well as get the local council to improve the roads leading to/from the park.
    It's a great facility but there is some merit in keeping the expansion in check.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hoboo wrote: »
    9 injuries from a stairs and one girl with neck damage (from going on the same ride that no one else was injured) is far from abysmal from 1000000 visitors. That'd 1 in 100000.

Back to Russian roulette it is so. :mad:

Advertisement