Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good online stores for craft beer?

Options
  • 10-07-2019 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey,

I'll be back in Ireland in a few months and wanted to know where's good for ordering good quality
    IPAs and stouts from overseas. (I like stuff like Founders / Omnipollo / Hoppin' Frog / Mikkeller / The Bruery etc.)

I used to use Beergium in Belgium but they don't ship any more to Ireland unfortunately.

Does anyone have any other good recommendations for online shops that sell high quality beers to Ireland (or indeed high quality shops within Ireland) that sell they type of stuff I listed above?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,146 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anywhere that ships to Ireland from outside will stop when customs start seizing. Stick with Irish stores

Drinkstore and O'Brien's are about it that I'm aware of

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Nobody has a completely up-to-date stock list on their site, but Martin's, Stephen Street News, DrinkStore and McHugh's are worth a browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

BeerNut wrote: »
    Nobody has a completely up-to-date stock list on their site, but Martin's, Stephen Street News, DrinkStore and McHugh's are worth a browse.

Thanks for mentioning us at Martins, and I can confirm that we update our site weekly with all new arrivals. By the end of every week we should have all beers that are available instore listed online.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Fergus_O wrote: »
    Hey,

I'll be back in Ireland in a few months and wanted to know where's good for ordering good quality
    IPAs and stouts from overseas. (I like stuff like Founders / Omnipollo / Hoppin' Frog / Mikkeller / The Bruery etc.)

I used to use Beergium in Belgium but they don't ship any more to Ireland unfortunately.

Does anyone have any other good recommendations for online shops that sell high quality beers to Ireland (or indeed high quality shops within Ireland) that sell they type of stuff I listed above?

Cheers

The quality and variety of beer made by Irish craft breweries means that you probably don't need to worry about drinking the imports.

You certainly won't be short of options but the following breweries definitely stand up to anything imported and are available fairly wide in the mentioned Offos/O'Briens/Supermarkets:

Whiplash
    O'Brother
    Kinnegar
    White Hag
    Dot Brew
    Third Circle
    Larkins
    Galway Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Thanks for mentioning us at Martins, and I can confirm that we update our site weekly with all new arrivals. By the end of every week we should have all beers that are available instore listed online.

Got any reasonably fresh cans of SN Torpedo? Any i'd come across are from 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

jh79 wrote: »
    Got any reasonably fresh cans of SN Torpedo? Any i'd come across are from 2018.

Just bottles in stock at the moment, I'll let you know in the morning how fresh they are. At the mercy of long lead times and changing wholesale prices when it comes to SN Pale and Torpedo

EDIT

27th of February this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fergus_O

Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

craftcentral.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,824 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tesco sell SN torpedo regularly

Advertisement