Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with MONOBLOCK setup on 19.2 & 13

Options
  • 09-07-2019 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just need a little assistance

Got an 80cm dish a few days ago and set it up for 19.2 with no trouble - Today i bought a monoblock on the understanding that i could set it up to get 13 along side 19.2, and thats where the trouble started. Iv readjusted the dish several times to either 19.2 and 13 but basically which ever im pointed at is what i get - it also seems apparent that none of my receivers 'Like' the monoblock, as they seem to be ignoring the off center side of the LNB completely - i can tell using my sat meter and my hand - am i missing something - both boxes i have tried claim to support DISEQC - are there some special settings necessary for monoblocks?

First Box is a Technisat Freesat which opperates in NON-Freesat/Technisat mode

Second is an old ROSS Satellite HD box, and again it does seem to have appropriate settings

Thanks in advance

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Apogee

What type of sat meter are you using?

A reminder too that the dish acts as a mirror, so if the centre LNBF is aligned on 19E, the offset LNBF should be on the eastern side of the dish for 13E.

gm-205h-diagram.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭liamtech

Apogee wrote: »
    What type of sat meter are you using?

A reminder too that the dish acts as a mirror, so if the centre LNBF is aligned on 19E, the offset LNBF should be on the eastern side of the dish for 13E.

gm-205h-diagram.png

my embarrassment gave way to laughter, and now a can of cider (with options on a second) - scratching my head for about 3 hours, until looking at your simple diagram - il have you know sir that i did physics in school

:pac::D:D:o:o:o

Thank you so much i feel like an eejit - up and running now and il fine tune in the morning! Thanks so much you saved me an embarrassing chat with a seller online -

(im still facepalming)

Thanks Apogee - i got the 80CM for nothing and i decided (about 3 minutes after i put it in my GFS car) that i was gonna get more than 1 sat!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Advertisement