Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak Investigation survey (first fix ) -

Options
  • 09-07-2019 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Hello I had a call from Irish Water last week to arrange a time for an engineer to investigate a leak  in my house.  I was unaware of any issue but the engineer explained that the meter was measuring a constant use of water 24/7 which suggested  a leak. 
    He arrived in an unmarked van and checked the house as arranged and found no issues other than the central heating tank filling constantly.  He recommended that I contact  a private company who would identify and repair the leak at my expense. 
    I just wanted to verify that this call and inspection that I received was a genuine one from Irish Water and it's not some kind of scam, 
    I can pass on my WPRN and the date of the survey by PM if required.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi thejuggler,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please PM us with the following information:
    - Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Contact number;
    - WPRN; and
    - Date of the survey.

Once these details are confirmed, a member of our team will look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Thank you Niamh. PM sent

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi thejuggler,

We have received your PM and a member of the team will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Sounds legit. The lad carrying out the leak investigation survey should have left a card that contained your WPRN & date on the front & the source of the leak / reason why meter was showing a constant flow of water on the inside page.

It's not uncommon for the engineers to have no signage on the vans etc. They do have ID though. 

What part of the country was it OP?

Advertisement