Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to invite

Options
  • 09-07-2019 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Might seem like a weird question but would you invite people to your wedding who one you haven't seen in years but you you have lovely staying in touch with for about 20 years? And two people who you meet up with every once in a while who you know about 3 years but who you like a lot.

Kind of just getting opinions so people don't think I am weird if I suddenly invited them!!!

Cheers guys. Sorry o know this is kind of s nothing question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Why not invite both?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Keco

KaneToad wrote: »
    Why not invite both?

I suppose the question is more if you feel into one of those groups would you think it odd to be invited?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭citygal93

I think there's no harm in inviting the people you've known for 20 years as they would probably feel you were cutting ties with them for nothing. For the friends you've made in the past 3 years, I would defo be inviting them. I'm getting married next year and am inviting friends we've just made in the past year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I would have thought it's about people you want there and there's no real need to explain that to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I'd just invite the people I really want there irrespective of the relationship. I would find it kind of sweet to be invited to a wedding of someone I had stayed in touch with but not seen in a long time, whether I would go or not is a different thing. And if I am friends with someone and see them frequently enough I would almost expect to be invited to their wedding.

Ultimately you invite who you want, its down to them how they receive the invitation. I hope this is the most difficult decision you have to make about your wedding and you enjoy the rest of the planning ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

I would invite anyone you and your partner would like there on the day, irrespective of how long you've know them. Weddings can be a great way of getting people together. I live abroad so I only get to see my friends and family annually at best, I often don't get to see everyone especially since having a child. I would still consider people I haven't seen in years close friends. A few close friends have emigrated in recent years so seeing them is very difficult. I've also made some very close friends here in recent years, who are practically family to me. Looking back I wish i had know these guys well enough to have had them at our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Keco

Thanks all I took your advise and delighted I did they were all so enthusiastic and delighted to be asked. I was walking on air all day. Our numbers have gone from 100 to 160 over the last month and although not everyone will attend I need to consider if they do so was probably over thinking. Still now I am happy I did

Advertisement