Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE & Freelancing

Options
  • 08-07-2019 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

I''m currently working as PAYE, but would also like to do some work on the side out of my usual hours.

I looked on revenue but they're not very clear as what I need to do in terms of tax. Do I need to set-up as a sole-trader or just keep track of the extra income and declare it at the financial year along with my P60 from my full-time job?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

How will you be paid for your freelance work?
    If you do a few hours casual or regular part-time for a different company they will pay you through their payroll. Some full time employment contracts have a clause about "other work".
    If you bill your client/customer then register as a sole trader and make an annual tax return. register for vat if turnover in a 12month period for services is 37500 & 75k for goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭TwistedPixel88

How will you be paid for your freelance work?
    If you do a few hours casual or regular part-time for a different company they will pay you through their payroll. Some full time employment contracts have a clause about "other work".
    If you bill your client/customer then register as a sole trader and make an annual tax return. register for vat if turnover in a 12month period for services is 37500 & 75k for goods.

Thanks for the reply

I will mainly be paid through PayPal and it would just be work here and there probably less than 5k a year. Would I still need to register?

Also I cleared it with work so all fine on that end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thanks for the reply

I will mainly be paid through PayPal and it would just be work here and there probably less than 5k a year. Would I still need to register?

Also I cleared it with work so all fine on that end.

Form 12 tax returns each year.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/additional-incomes/is-your-extra-income-taxable/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

No need to register, just fill the form 12 in each year

Advertisement