Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s replacement

Options
  • 07-07-2019 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi all, father needs to replace his aging 5s, battery life is important to him so I'm thinking 4,000 mah should be ideal. Size wise no bigger than my phone, 6.21 inch (Redmi Note 5) ,Price wise - he wants to spend around 200 euro so I'm thinking either the Redmi Note 7 or Mi A2 lite.

There is pros to both but I'd be leaning towards the Redmi Note 7 as it is the newer processor.

Anyone else any other suggestions that I'm overlooking for this price point?

I've a Redmi Note 5 and wife has a Mi A2 lite so very familiar with the OS on both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Ok no responses so shall I take it there isn't a better alternative to this at the 200 euro mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Probably not many looking at forums on sunny hot Sunday.

Another option with a better battery but worse specs otherwise is the Moto G7 Power 5000. That A2 has a few compromises like no head phone jack... Personally I'd go Note 7 with the choices you have. I'd prefer Android One but hard to get a decent spec at 200 with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Got a few a2 lites in last few months for friends and family,can't go wrong with stock android,has good battery and can get it on eglobal for around 140 euro at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Hi - would this be of any use to you? U can filter as you wish.

https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Cheers for the responses, yeah the wife has the A2 lite, great phone for the money, camera isn't the greatest, reason I'm going towards the note 7 is the newer processer, great battery and quick charge and slightly bigger screen but not too big.

• Advertisement
Advertisement