Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android phone for under 150

Options
  • 06-07-2019 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have a Samsung core prime. It is probably 5 years old and outdated. 5MP camera which is not very good. I need a new phone, but I know very little about them. I work in IT, but not into devices if you know what I mean. Basically I use the phone for Spotify, google, gmail and would like a half decent camera.(The newer ones probably already have these)

Few things. I don't take many photos, I don't need lots of storage for photos or Spotify. I do not need the latest and greatest, last years model would be totally fine. I don't have lots of money and appreciate any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

You can go 2 ways:
    1. Something in a shop (I know tesco are doing deals on huawei, the Samsung a10 is going for 100 euro at the moment)
    2. Go for a Chinese brand like xiaomi or equivalent ( more bang for your buck really)
    Just bought a xiaomi mi 8 lite for 165, just waiting on it to arrive.
    Also, keep an eye on the kimovil deals, some great bargains to be had!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with a Xiaomi, Mi A2 Lite or Mi 8 Lite are solid mid range phones at budget prices.

Camera isn't going to be amazing, but for the price they are great phones.

yes both decent phones

same cameras on both on back. better on front on 8 lite.

mi 8 lite - glass back (advantage for some, not for droppers). metal on a2 lite

8 lite has bigger screen and MIUI os and a cpu that's a bit better than the one in the a2 lite (snapdragon 660 vs 625)

a2 lite has bigger battery and stock android

better off buying online really

eglobal (10 to 12 days delivery) or honorbuy (prob more expensive but quicker) are solid options with no cutoms/VAT issues

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-3gb-32gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

This is one of the phones you guys are talking about? And couple of other things;

These are unlocked, so I can pop my vodafone ready to go sim into it?
    Is it ready to go our do these phones require a lot of messing? As in reading forums for setups etc. Don't have time for that.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

They are usually ready to go.
    It might take a bit to get used to mi ui if you're not used to it. But it's pretty good, at least I think so.
    PS. The mi 8 lite I got is 6gb ram and 128gb ROM and you can put an SD card if the memory runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just ordered this one - reduced to 137
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a2-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

4Gb Ram
    64 Gig memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Taltos wrote: »
    Just ordered this one - reduced to 137
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a2-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

4Gb Ram
    64 Gig memory

Nice! Just a heads up the Mi A3 is expected to be 170 euro and released approx 27th July.

Advertisement