Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT Question

Options
  • 05-07-2019 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

My accountant is currently on holiday, she is not back until Monday. But I just need a little mind putting at rest for the weekend.

My last VAT went through, but I just noticed that I charged the wrong VAT on an invoice to a customer. Now the VAT period is closed off , how an I rectify this situation in order to charge the correct VAT.

Complete silly error on my behalf but not sure revenue would see like that!

thanks in advance.

Minisue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭eusap

Did you charge more or less VAT?

If its less and customer agrees you can send him another invoice to cover the VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 29 minisue

eusap wrote: »
    Did you charge more or less VAT?

If its less and customer agrees you can send him another invoice to cover the VAT

:D Less of course! Stupid me! Thank you so much. I was thinking the same thing.

Do you think it will be ok that the outstanding VAT is in a different period? hopefully a mea couple to revenue will suffice as it was a genuine mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Or maybe you could issue a credit note for the original invoice and then issue a new correct invoice. They will both be included in the next Vat return so will keep the Revenue straight.
    Your customer's account will be adjusted either up or down also so you will need to either give them a refund or get paid any shortfall.

Thank you both for your replies - it has definitely helped put my mind at ease.

At least I know there is a way out to resolve it, just hope revenue will be ok. They scare me! Am I alone in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

minisue wrote: »
    Thank you both for your replies - it has definitely helped put my mind at ease.

At least I know there is a way out to resolve it, just hope revenue will be ok. They scare me! Am I alone in that?

Revenue are grand and very helpful ime. Things like that happen :)

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed! thanks.

have a good weekend.

Advertisement