Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Cost for Contemporary Kitchen

Options
  • 04-07-2019 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Evening All,

Would anyone be able to give me a ball park budget figure for a contemporary kitchen, the design is as follows

2 No. Length of handless base and wall units with stone worktop (3.6m & 2.6m)
    1 No island with stone to worktop and ends Marble effect pop up sockets
    A double door pantry unit
    Joinery in 2 No. Colour tone probably white and grey
    1.5 sink undercounter

appliances excluded and will be integrated

Prefer not to have painted finished, a matt or gloss

property is in leixlip and is a new build dormer house

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I’d say around 8-10k for the units and add another 3-4k ish for the quartz.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

thanks for that for some reason i thought it would be more, have you done recently yourself?

mickey15ie wrote: »
    thanks for that for some reason i thought it would be more, have you done recently yourself?

Not yet but it’s based on prices I’ve gotten myself in the last few weeks! I was also expecting it to be a bit more tbh.

The price will vary a bit depending on extras you add in, e.g. number of drawers, integrated bins unit, the number of drawers in pantry unit, etc.

My first price was around 12k (for the units) but got that down to about 10k just by making small tweaks. I was quoted 4k for the quartz but there’s a lot in that - a large island with the gable ends and a fair length of counter top too. Could cut that back to 2 or 2.5k if I reduced the island / removed the gables.

I’d recommend trying to squeeze in a boiling water tap too (Quooker) if budget allows. Really handy feature. A lot of the kitchen places do deals on them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

8k - 20k for the kitchen
    3.5 - 10k for the stone.

3.6m of drawer units will cost a multiple of 3.6m of presses
    what height units, standard or tall?
    what type of handleless? True handleless (e.g. gola profile) or handless J-profile doors?
    Foil wrapped doors, painted and lacquered, veneered?
    Basic pantry, or all bells & whistles. Could be a few grand in the difference.
    What type of stone, chinese quartz in a basic sparkle or one of the Italian brands with marbling?

Graham wrote: »
    8k - 20k for the kitchen
    3.5 - 10k for the stone.

3.6m of drawer units will cost a multiple of 3.6m of presses
    what height units, standard or tall?
    Tall we are both short so the standard would be of no use just dirt collectors :)
    Graham wrote: »
    what type of handleless? True handleless (e.g. gola profile) or handless J-profile doors?
    gola profile or flat metal trim (upside down L Shape

Foil wrapped doors, painted and lacquered, veneered? foil wrapped or lacquered
    Basic pantry, or all bells & whistles. Could be a few grand in the difference.
    What type of stone, chinese quartz in a basic sparkle or one of the Italian brands with marbling?[/QUOTE] 20mm white quartz stilestone or similar

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Not yet but it’s based on prices I’ve gotten myself in the last few weeks! I was also expecting it to be a bit more tbh.

The price will vary a bit depending on extras you add in, e.g. number of drawers, integrated bins unit, the number of drawers in pantry unit, etc.

My first price was around 12k (for the units) but got that down to about 10k just by making small tweaks. I was quoted 4k for the quartz but there’s a lot in that - a large island with the gable ends and a fair length of counter top too. Could cut that back to 2 or 2.5k if I reduced the island / removed the gables.

I’d recommend trying to squeeze in a boiling water tap too (Quooker) if budget allows. Really handy feature. A lot of the kitchen places do deals on them.

Quooker sounds like a good call,what area of country are you getting yours done?

Quooker sounds like a good call,what area of country are you getting yours done?

Yeah they’re a great job. Been using an older model for years, wouldn’t be without it.

I’m in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

First time hearing of a Quooker, sounds interesting though. What price around are they and mind me asking the other poster where in Galway they got theirs? Thanks

They start at somewhere around €1,300 depending on the model. They all do hot/cold/boiling with an option for filtered. You can opt for a combo model if you have no hot supply to the sink. Quooker Cube is an add-on for sparkling/filtered/chilled water.

Morby wrote: »
    First time hearing of a Quooker, sounds interesting though. What price around are they and mind me asking the other poster where in Galway they got theirs? Thanks

Yeah the few kitchen suppliers I've visited (in Galway) can all supply it and they all quoted around 13-1400 euro for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks guys, that's very interesting especially about the Quooker Cube also, definitely going to look in those.

Quooker Cube is only just launched in Ireland so don't be surprised if you get blank looks when you initially ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭C@t

Morby wrote: »
    Thanks guys, that's very interesting especially about the Quooker Cube also, definitely going to look in those.

The Cube unit is an add-on (similar to the scale unit/cold water filter) and costs about the same as the tap

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I might be missing something here, but is it just for getting instant hot/boiling water?
    I prob boil a kettle once a day at max so is there any point in these?

If you only need boiling water once a day it's probably fair to say you'd see little benefit from a tap that provides instant boiling water.

Similar to waste disposal units, boiling water taps are one of those things that polarise opinions. People either don't see the point, or wouldn't want to be without it. There's little middle ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Sorry for dragging up an old thread here but does anyone have any thoughts on their Quooker tap good or bad?

Do we know what type of price they are nowadays?

I like the idea of the filtered sparkling water and the instant hot water job.

Are there any alternatives to Quooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭alexf1

Quooker is about €1000, there are other versions. Don't have one myself, just can't get past the danger risks associated. The thought running my fingers through the water to see if it's hot, and having my fingers scalded off my hands because the water is at 100 fu__king degrees celcius.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MakersMark

That's not how it works though.

There's an activation ring you have to press down twice and then twist.

It'd be quite difficult to scald yourself.

I want to get one. My brothers each have one, and both were replaced under warranty due to scale build up, so I'm on the fence a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Shoog

They have a reservoir under the counter which has to be accommodated, it also means the "instant" hot water is from an immersion which is constantly on. I would guess they have brutal running costs to keep that water at constant boiling point.

Horrible idea all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The reservoir is super insulated so heat loss is minimal, so its not constantly heating, only when you use some and more cold enters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Estimated running costs are about 40c per day.

Not always heated.

Advertisement