Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Udemy Courses - Are they good??

Options
  • 04-07-2019 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am just wondering are Udemy Courses any good and if they are worth it. I am looking to get some training on using Selenium and gain knowledge of Java programming and came across Udemy courses. Id suppose Im a bit sceptical as you can do these courses for such little money I am wondering if it is too good to be true kinda thing.

Has anyone done there courses - how were they, did you actually gain good knowledge and understanding of what you were hoping to etc.

any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

If you actually watch them, and practice what you learn, they are valuable.

Most people pay for them and never stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yes they are.

Some of the stuff on udemy, skillshare, coursera, edx etc. is miles better and more useful than many expensive evening and distant learning courses. Obviously, like everything there are exceptions to the rule but as long as you're not seeking a formal qualification these platforms can provide really valuable knowledge and insight.

Unfortunately, I no experience with Java courses on udemy. Ask around though and people will be able to recommend one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I went to Cuba last year and did an Udemy Spanish course. Mind you, it was only basic but it was incredibly useful.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bswan

i have never used Udemy, but i have used Pluralsight regularly in the past to upskill, Im guessing they are both similar.
    I found it really helpful and a good resource to get up to speed with a new tech quickly.

Advertisement