Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Nuisance Dog barking thread

Options
  • 03-07-2019 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

MY Neighbours dog has been let out previously at 2/3 AM.
    I had words with my neighbours on this,many texts,chats etc and the situation is
    still occuring although at the earlier time of midnight these days.

Its a loud jack russell with a high pitch bark which is torture to listen to.

Ive sent a final text to the neighbour saying court is the next step.

Has anyone been through the court process?If so,how does it go?

And,what would people consider acceptable times for a dog to be quiet at night ie from 11 to 8am?

thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

rondog wrote: »
    Hi All,

MY Neighbours dog has been let out previously at 2/3 AM.
    I had words with my neighbours on this,many texts,chats etc and the situation is
    still occuring although at the earlier time of midnight these days.

Its a loud jack russell with a high pitch bark which is torture to listen to.

Ive sent a final text to the neighbour saying court is the next step.

Has anyone been through the court process?If so,how does it go?

And,what would people consider acceptable times for a dog to be quiet at night ie from 11 to 8am?

thanks for reading

I am so sorry you are going through this ; there are threads in the Accommodation and Property boards on this as well as here.

There is excellent info on the Citizen s info site

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

I have never had to go as far as court in the past; the warning letter was always enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

One thought: i think the notification re court action needs to be pen and paper not text and keep a copy. Make it a really formal letter...typed

Advertisement