Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garbage - Iveagh Gardens - July 18th

• 02-07-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Anyone going to this?

Mate saw them in Brixton last year and said they were excellent. Haven't heard many talking about heading to this gig.

Think I'll go along weather permitting, unlikely to be a sell out is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah I'm going for sure was also at one of the Brixton shows myself cracking night but that was an entirely different set Version 2.0 in full with B-sides from that era.

Hopefully a good day in store,Unfortunately Butch Vig is out as mentioned in the gigs thread but presumably in good hands with Matt Walker filling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Waiting for this for years (and jealously noticed Euro tour dates with IE being left out in recent years).
    And this tour is even better: only happy when it rains is being played straight again, not in the ruined version! Yay!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Caught there very short set at EP last year and really enjoyed it (even though they were having monitor/sound issues). Was hoping to head to this gig but funds are tight this summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Got my ticket for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Looking forward to it... Saw some recent live footage and its decent.. Hopefully the weather will hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Can't find stage times anywhere. Does any one happen to know them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

Any tickets still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

funnyname wrote: »
    Any tickets still available?

Yeah they still on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Can't find stage times anywhere. Does any one happen to know them?

Usually announced the day before or the day of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

Yeah they still on sale.
    Looked last night through my phone and no tickets were available, now coming up on my computer, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

funnyname wrote: »
    Looked last night through my phone and no tickets were available, now coming up on my computer, cheers.

Tickets available on Ticketmaster

€45.15 each plus booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1151444971536433154

This is from yesterday, so "tomorrow" is actually today (Thursday). ;)

Should end by 11pm, I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭beecee

Polar101 wrote: »

Should end by 11pm, I guess..

10.30 curfew for all outdoor gigs in Dublin I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah their sets are short ~1:30ish

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yeah their sets are short ~1:30ish

Their EP set was even shorter ha

Their sets started at 22 or 23 songs this run, latest ones are 18/19 I notice.

Pity as it appears they dropped Parade and Bad Boyfriend which id love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Been listening to them all day in work and really looking forward to tonight, have never seen them before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah thanks for not liking my video clip.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Just in, merch is well...Garbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I work nearby so popped out for a sneaky listen... Sounded like a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Was a great show. Shirley in great voice. The support act were decent, but sounded too like The Cranberries

• Fvck, my voice is gone. That woman can own the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That was fantastic fun.

The setup was decent, I admit I only arrived at 8:45 and just walked up to the bar with no queue. They seem to have a system where you can't loiter around the queue area which is pretty well thought out.

I've never witnessed a crowd so silent when Shirley was speaking to the crowd during technical difficulties, apologising to us as promoters said we didn't want them.
    My voice is gone and I'm sore today - well worth it. I say they'll be back!

Also shout out to Dan Hegarty was nice :D

• We even got a pre concert. Hotel room backs onto the gardens so got the warm up

Enjoyable evening, wish there was more gigs of interest to me in there in future, although should have done Idles really just didn't work out.

Crowd was great for the most part nice and chilled atmosphere there and no queues for the bar although had the misfortune of being beside 3 bad apples at the start of Garbage one clearly being ring leader but they were getting their kicks out of making it their business to call out people with their phones out in the area and in no way polite about it either would be pissing themselves laughing at the reactions they were getting they actually had one girl nearly in tears. Wasn't dealing with that distraction and were pulling the mood down in general so had to scatter from there after bout 3 songs.

Thought the Limerick crowd opening up were actually quite good not my thing typically was certainly a fresh change rather than some of the Irish opening acts lately coming on and it's another pound shop Nirvana, will likely check out their album.

Excellent set from Garbage, Their latest song No Horses was defo one of the highlights an all but assumed it would be having seen them do it in London last year. Hopefully they don't leave it another 20 years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Outdoor gigs aren't really my favourite, now the volume wasn't very loud and I kept ending up near people who were there just to chat. So I had to move around a few times just to actually hear some of the music. I've only seen Garbage once before (in 1999), thought this gig was all right in general - pretty nice set list. Only song I didn't know was On Fire, which I couldn't hear much of - thanks to the lady chatting in front of me.

I also thought Vow didn't sound great, it's probably a hard song to sing. And Blood for Poppies broke down, but sometimes the tech doesn't work. Shirley sounded better than I expected. I'm glad I went to the gig, but wasn't really blown away even though they are one of my favourite bands easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Enjoyed the show. excellent venue, fast bar, good sound, Shirley & band were on top form.

my only complaint was that they did not play Queer...but you can't have everything i guess!

• Do we know the attendance?
    Be good to know the chances of them returning before 2039

• Advertisement

Do we know the attendance?
    Be good to know the chances of them returning before 2039

Not sold out but the right fit there, healthy numbers wise. They were under the Aiken banner so if they returned Vicar St would be most realistic which is the type of venues they play outside of London when they tour the UK.

Advertisement