Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc Tamper Fault

Options
  • 02-07-2019 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Parents are having a problem with their hkc sw1070 an intermittent fault on one of the tamper zones it went off last night twice while on part set waking them and their neighbours.

They tried contacting who installed but he is gone out of business and anybody they rang to come have a look wont be available for a day or two.
    Is there anyway in the mean time i can just close off of that tamper zone until an installer comes out and fault finds the issue.

From loking the panel is egineer locked and they cant omit the zone or anything when they input their code it goes straight to system arming

Thanks in advance
    Dash

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What is the tamper fault that is showing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

KoolKid wrote: »
    What is the tamper fault that is showing?
    Sorry for the late reply on a split shift at work for few days,
    From talking to the parents alarm during day is unset then they hear a beep go on to keypad put in their code and Tamper Zone 4 comes up thats all.
    Zone 4 appears to be a pir two shocks and a switch on a door leading to a conservatory hope the pics help.

If they part set 0#8 at night when going to bed if the fault occurs it sends the system into alarm mode.

Thanks again for the help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tell me the last pic is just turned sideways..:eek:
    PiRs should be on a separate zone . Are you sure this is in with the shocks on zone 4?
    If so, you need to check the lids and connections on all those devices to see where the fault is. You could try disconnecting the tamper on each device to try isolate where the fault is coming from.
    Do you have a multi meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

That is some rough work there. Did they not name the zones? Poor form if not.

alta stare wrote: »
    That is some rough work there. Did they not name the zones? Poor form if not.

I know im not impressed with the installation but unfortunately its the parents house and they decided who to use not me.

• Advertisement

crasy dash wrote: »
    I know im not impressed with the installation but unfortunately its the parents house and they decided who to use not me.

Was it a sparkie who put it in or am actual security company??

KoolKid wrote: »
    Tell me the last pic is just turned sideways..:eek:
    PiRs should be on a separate zone . Are you sure this is in with the shocks on zone 4?
    If so, you need to check the lids and connections on all those devices to see where the fault is. You could try disconnecting the tamper on each device to try isolate where the fault is coming from.
    Do you have a multi meter?

For whatever reason boards rotated the picture of the pir it is the right way up,
    Have tried knocking on all lids trying to get it to go into fault but no joy.

Cheers for the reply i do have a multimeter but the only code i have is my parents code i tried the default eng code but that doesnt do anything so i think its eng locked.

alta stare wrote: »
    Was it a sparkie who put it in or am actual security company??

My honest opinion he was licensed but that doesnt mean i would hire him to do a job for me my parents on the other hand like to keep things local:rolleyes:

My honest opinion he was licensed but that doesnt mean i would hire him to do a job for me my parents on the other hand like to keep things local:rolleyes:

Jayus. I mean usually the sparkies install them that way (no offence to the sparks out there who do it properly) That is quite bad for a security installer.

For whatever reason boards rotated the picture of the pir it is the right way up,
    Have tried knocking on all lids trying to get it to go into fault but no joy.

Cheers for the reply i do have a multimeter but the only code i have is my parents code i tried the default eng code but that doesnt do anything so i think its eng locked.

It's not necessary to have the engineer code.
    Disconnect that zone from the panel and connect to the multimeter and set to test resistance while at each device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement