Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Comics coming to an end?

Options
  • 01-07-2019 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Rumours flying around at the moment that Wednesdays issue of The Walking Dead comic will be the last one and that Robert Kirkman has decided to call it a day.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07/01/walking-dead-193-spoilers/

It's an extra long issue and Kirkman has tweeted:
    https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/status/1145657280370761728

Spoiler Alert
    In the last issue we saw Rick killed and Carl finish him off as he had turned, I presumed it was going to be rebooted with the focus being on Carl but alas its not to be.

Over on Reddit someone has posted a picture from the letters page in the next issue in which Kirkman says “It breaks my heart I had to end it, and we have to move on... but I just love this world too much to stretch things out until it doesnt live up to what I want it to be.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭ebbsy

An interesting, if inconclusive ending ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Should have gone up to a nice even two hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Should have gone up to a nice even two hundred.

Unlike the TV series, it knew when it's time was up I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I just read the final issue this morning. I won't post any details here about the story. But he had an interesting author's note at the end. Talking about how he had the basic story line planned out but how he thought it would last up to issue 300.
    Then a couple of years ago the story got to a certain point and he realised there was no way there was enough material to last up to 300 issues. So I'm kind of glad he didn't try to pad it out and let it end naturally.

They also published some fake covers for distributors for issues 194 - 196 so that we'd think there were more issues on the way and 193 would be more of a surprise.

Advertisement