Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Buying in Craughwell

• 01-07-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ canireally

Hi, looking for opinions on buying in Craughwell? Anyone live around there. Seems to be more busy than it was a few years ago wondering what people think of it. Commuting wise I think it's fine and transport seems to be improving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭ dok_golf

PM me with any questions you might have. happily settled here since 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭ randomname2005

Be careful of the area of Craughwell you are looking in. While it was a 'once in a generation event' or something along those lines, there was a lot of flood damage in the recent past so check if anything happened to the house(s) you are looking at, or close by.

https://www.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/flooding-in-craughwell-co-galway-via-michael-currancraughwellhorse/1196502833712050/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭ DaCor

Make sure that you check out flood risks. You may not be able to get house insurance due to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭ flazio

They're doing a lot of work on the river to alleviate that aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ canireally

Great thanks everyone I'll look into the floods. I'm between athenry and craughwell so that's really helpful. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭ randomname2005

flazio wrote: »
    They're doing a lot of work on the river to alleviate that aren't they?

Possibly, but house insurance companies are always going to look on the pessimistic side of things.

Advertisement