Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay rise while on parental leave

Options
  • 01-07-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have been granted a % payrise in my job. I am currently taking parental leave one day per week so essentially I am earning 4/5 of my full salary. My understanding of PL, is that you are treated exactly as if you were working full time. So my question is, should the payrise be calculated on my full salary (as if I was working full time) or calculated on 4/5 of the full amount? We don't have a HR dept that I can check with and payroll have not come across this before so aren't 100% sure. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

It’s the same either way.

Here’s an example.

Salary €50k
    Pay rise 5%
    New salary after 5% pay rise €52.5k
    80% of new salary €42k (reduction for parental leave)

Salary 50k
    80% after parental leave reduction €40k
    Pay rise 5%
    Pay after 5% pay rise 42k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

God, I was having a total brain fart there, I was working it out all wrong. You’re right of course. Thanks for clearing that up.

Advertisement