Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP2 2019

Options
  • 29-06-2019 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I have decided to create a new thread regarding our recent CAP2 exams.

No doubt it was tough but hopefully we all will make through these pesky exams! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hi Im graduating next year from an accounting and finance degree. Id love to ask a couple of questions if you dont mind. What are your thoughts on doing a postgrad in accounting and avoiding the cap2 exams? How difficult are the cap2 exams in comparrison to final year university accounting exams. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alan_007_

Hi Im graduating next year from an accounting and finance degree. Id love to ask a couple of questions if you dont mind. What are your thoughts on doing a postgrad in accounting and avoiding the cap2 exams? How difficult are the cap2 exams in comparrison to final year university accounting exams. Thanks in advance

Unless there's somebody paying for the masters for you, I wouldn't bother. It costs ~€10k and you still have to do the FAEs after it. You also miss out on income from working for the year while you're doing the masters.

As far as difficulty, they were more difficult than any accounting exams I did in college, but are very manageable if you put in the time. Also all of the exams, except for tax, are open book, which can really help if you're properly stuck. There isn't enough time to rely on the book for answers but if you're properly stuck and can't remember a formula or the finer points of a standard it can really help.

If you're doing accounting in college, would you consider instead going down the ACCA route? Depending on your modules you could be exempt from F1-9, which is broadly the same standard as CAP 2, which would just leave you with the 4 P levels left to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    Unless there's somebody paying for the masters for you, I wouldn't bother. It costs ~€10k and you still have to do the FAEs after it. You also miss out on income from working for the year while you're doing the masters.

As far as difficulty, they were more difficult than any accounting exams I did in college, but are very manageable if you put in the time. Also all of the exams, except for tax, are open book, which can really help if you're properly stuck. There isn't enough time to rely on the book for answers but if you're properly stuck and can't remember a formula or the finer points of a standard it can really help.

If you're doing accounting in college, would you consider instead going down the ACCA route? Depending on your modules you could be exempt from F1-9, which is broadly the same standard as CAP 2, which would just leave you with the 4 P levels left to do.
    Hya and thank you for the reply. I was aware there are other routes and accounting bodies but to be honest I havent really looked into it. But I will now thanks again

Advertisement