Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exercise in the warm weather.

Options
  • 29-06-2019 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Once it gets to 16/17 or so degrees it becomes too hot to walk my dog (pug X).
    What kind of exercise, if any, do you do with your dog when the weather gets too warm for walking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Mental stimulation could be better when too hot. Hide treats in cardboard boxes and let them sniff them out. If you have a kong stuff it with meat, yogurt and stick it in the freezer for a while. Will keep them occupied. I saw a French bulldog walking yesterday at 1pm, it looked like it was about to pass out and couldn’t cool down. They had walked roughly 2km from where I first saw them. If your dog needs to cool down a great way to do this is lie down a wet towel and let them lie on it 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

We’ve been doing earlier walks so I had to come up with something to occupy Esmae in the afternoons and since she’s addicted to the yellow balls I’ve been hiding them all over the place & she goes to find them, we have about 30 or so in different sizes & some I cut holes into to hide treats.

She could spend an hour or 2 seeking them out... this is how we’ve been handling the heat. Also she toddles off the the bathroom to sleep on the tiles if she is too warm.

Mr C loves to sleep out in this weather. I made a sand pit box for them & we keep it damp so he sometimes naps there.

Advertisement