Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I've a hole in me shoe and I don't know what to do..."

Options
  • 28-06-2019 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

I used to listen to The Adrian Kennedy Phone Show every night when I was a kid, back in the late 90s. People used to ring up sometimes just to swear or whatever, and be cut off fairly quickly. But I'm sure I remember at least a couple of times people ringing in and saying the phrase above in a sing-song, like it was in reference to something. And this particular phrase would make Adrian enraged - he would swear himself, much bigger reaction than to the standard prank callers.

Does anyone else remember something like this, or am I going mad?? Was this phrase some cultural reference that I was too young to pick up on (probably), but why did it make him so angry...
    Tagged:

Advertisement