Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

VGA to DVI connector.

• 28-06-2019 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21 Threeofnine

Hi guys,

Anyone in galway city have or know where I can find a VGA to DVI connector to buy?

Friend of mine has just brought a graphics card with DVI output and his monitor only has a VGA cable.

One looks like this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41iUdgz-1VL._AC_SY400_.jpg

He would by one online but he needs it quite urgently. If anyone has one he would buy it!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,933 ✭✭✭✭ TerrorFirmer

Just keep in mind that almost all new graphics cards are DVI-D only, so most won't work with a simple adaptor.

Depends on the card - low end ones may still have DVI-I - but check it out before you buy anything. DVI-D needs an active adaptor (more expensive) to use with VGA.

I'm not sure anywhere in the city would stock these.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Threeofnine

Just keep in mind that almost all new graphics cards are DVI-D only, so most won't work with a simple adaptor.

Depends on the card - low end ones may still have DVI-I - but check it out before you buy anything. DVI-D needs an active adaptor (more expensive) to use with VGA.

I'm not sure anywhere in the city would stock these.

Thanks for the info :)

Just checked with him and the graphics card has a DL- DVI-i input

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭ Mrs OBumble

I'd try the PC repair shop on Dock Rd near St Nicholas St ... just checked the name is TechStar.

Not sure if they have 'em but I can't think who else to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭ GerardKeating

Thanks for the info :)

Just checked with him and the graphics card has a DL- DVI-i input

Last time i looked, any adaptor that worked was half the price of a budget monitor, so i just got a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭ Wompa1

I was looking for a KVM switch and splitter the other week. It sucks that Maplin has closed down. There's a great opportunity for somebody to step in and take that business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Threeofnine

Thanks guys he got one from a friend

Advertisement