Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good old Indo.... In sure that's the full story

Options
  • 28-06-2019 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭

Evicted on 2 weeks notice... First they heard..

I know some people can be mean.. But I think there must be more to this story..C'mon do some journalism..

"A mother of six is pleading with the local sheriff not to evict her from her home after getting less than two-weeks' notice to quit...."

link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

That story has more holes than a Swiss cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Does the Sheriff have a badge?
    That would be cool.

The naaaaames, the haiiiiiir doooo, the faaaaaace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

'anti-social behaviour' hmmmmmm

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

I wish the media would investigate the other side of these types of stories. Tell the full story rather than only one side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Ah look, multi-generational scroungers. Aren't they lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

JMNolan wrote: »
    I wish the media would investigate the other side of these types of stories. Tell the full story rather than only one side.
    The indo is particularly sh1t for it. Horrible paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Its all just outragebait.

I for one am outraged.

Side note : how many stereotypes are reaffirmed in this one photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I agree. Especially when the daughter's drug offence that led to this was reported by them at the time. Do they not have a search function at the indo hq or something??

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/woman-20-who-held-24k-of-cocaine-in-shed-as-favour-gets-suspended-sentence-36496432.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

"The Office of the Dublin City Sheriff did not respond when contacted by the Irish Independent.

A spokesperson for Circle VHA said that it did not comment on individual cases."

Don't let that get in your way though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The media really are out of touch with the concerns of the actual working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I think it’s terrible they always leave the fathers out of these photo shoots...

I think it’s terrible they always leave the fathers out of these photo shoots...

There’s enough people in the photo already, no room for another 4 or 5 people.

I’ve no doubt they’re all standing behind the camera providing emotional and financial support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

How many children are there? I think the line below is the key to the real story.
    Ms Redmond said she was informed on the phone it related to anti-social behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Autecher wrote: »
    I agree. Especially when the daughter's drug offence that led to this was reported by them at the time. Do they not have a search function at the indo hq or something??

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/woman-20-who-held-24k-of-cocaine-in-shed-as-favour-gets-suspended-sentence-36496432.html

The cocaine was just resting in my shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Maybe they could have asked her neighbours how they felt about her being evicted - they're probably delighted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They used the house as a stash house.
    Deserve to be drop kicked out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

This article only serves to make people have less sympathy with homeless people in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

This article only serves to make people have less sympathy with homeless people in my opinion.

Both for homeless and people that really need and respect the fact of getting a house from the government.

But these are the people get the "sympathy" coverage in the indo...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Definitely. It tars them all with the one brush giving coverage to this type of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If the sheriff is involved, you know it's the end of a very long process

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    If the sheriff is involved, you know it's the end of a very long process

Its actually not.
    It works a little differently with Housing Associations like Circle.That family are DCC tenants housed by Circle
    If they were housed in an orthodox DCC property they may never be evicted.
    All the housing associations like Circle make it quite clear they will evict you in a matter of months if you act the bollix.

What kind of idiot must a reporter or editor be to deem this a story - let alone a genuine one? They know it's neither but anything to stir the pot.

The thing Is, I reckon most people will see it for what it is, rather than be outraged at the injustice to the family engaging in anti social behaviour (i.e. untold misery to neighbours).

And they really shouldn't be telling the lies that there was only two weeks' notice given, and that the anti social behaviour only relates to the daughter's offence two years ago.

Its actually not.
    It works a little differently with Housing Associations like Circle.That family are DCC tenants housed by Circle
    If they were housed in an orthodox DCC property they may never be evicted.
    All the housing associations like Circle make it quite clear they will evict you in a matter of months if you act the bollix.

Are they exempt from following the RTB process? Because that takes a lot longer than a few months.

Curious how they can do it so quickly.

God all mighty - stay classy. But shur she didn't stand a chance either to be fair to her.

The media really are out of touch with the concerns of the actual working class.
    The same publishing company will be documenting the lives of Dublin's "fashionable elite" (or something) in its Sunday glossy.

Ew, vile rag.

Reverse psychology. This is almost certainly why one of the conservative, rightwing rags of Independent Newspapers is running the story. They know these stories with blatant lacunae dissipate any sympathy for the genuinely marginalised. Job done!

It's not so long ago since their journalists were cheering on their oligarch boss and his police as they beat Dublin's workers off the streets for the crime of joining a trade union, or cheering on the Blueshirts going to Spain to overthrow the democratically elected government or...

Independent Newspapers represents a right-wing corporate culture of abject cúntism for over a century now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It'll be on YouTube soon, I'd imagine

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Moved from AH > CA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Wha?
    They were out working of course.

tenor.gif

Advertisement