Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best for pet insurance

Options
  • 27-06-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi All
    I am looking to get pet insurance for a 9 month old British bulldog male. I am re homing the dog at present there are no health issues but i want to be prepared.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Allianz all the way for me. Although I'd check if there's any exclusions since he's now 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Quoted 450e per year seems excessive by allianz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Quoted 450e per year seems excessive by allianz
    You have a breed with plenty of known health issues; I'd grab it and run as it will be by far least hassle for you by comparison. There's a reason why you only see Allianz recommended beyond the sticky as such and that's because of the lack of issues when it comes to payments from the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Thanks i think i will take it much appreciate the advice

Some of the other companies will have a much lower cost the first year like that and then it doubles (or more) the next. I find Allianz are pretty consistent at around €20 a year.. .. Baileys did jump €100at one stage but that was after 2 x €2500 claims a few years apart so I could live with it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Guys, when there is a sticky stating that a company cannot be discussed, it means they can't be discussed full stop. You can't refer to them as 'the company that can't be named' or anything else. If a company has asked not to be discussed it says a lot about their ethics.
    Why should we give them the air time to portray them in a positive light when we cannot discuss anything about them when things go wrong.

No more mention of them in this forum, posts will be deleted and repeat offenders actioned.

Thanks,
    CB.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP, if you want to discuss this any further you can PM me.

Lol I just got the renewal notification for Lucy's policy = €346.23.. no increase from last year.. Other fellas was 543 last year... with a eye watering €12,873 in claims in almost 10 years (he's 10 in a couple of weeks) so i wouldn't be without it!

Advertisement