Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus repair in Dublin ?

Options
  • 25-06-2019 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Anyone had a OnePlus repaired in Dublin and can recommend the repair centre ? Have a OnePlus 3 that's giving me problems charging. If I move the phone or touch the cable, the charging stops. I assume it's the charging port is the issue as the cable contact does not fit snugly and there is a bit of play there that causes loss of contact. Any feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bobgaf wrote: »
    Anyone had a OnePlus repaired in Dublin and can recommend the repair centre ? Have a OnePlus 3 that's giving me problems charging. If I move the phone or touch the cable, the charging stops. I assume it's the charging port is the issue as the cable contact does not fit snugly and there is a bit of play there that causes loss of contact. Any feedback appreciated.

Contact One Plus directly. I sent my OP5 off on a Thursday (collected from work, prepaid label) and had it back the Monday afternoon.

Not sure what needs to be changed but a mainboard is €66.50+ vat.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/support/repair-pricing/details?code=4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Contact One Plus directly. I sent my OP5 off on a Thursday (collected from work, prepaid label) and had it back the Monday afternoon.

Not sure what needs to be changed but a mainboard is €66.50+ vat.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/support/repair-pricing/details?code=4

I filled out an application o link above last night as I need to get new battery and charging socket replacement.

I never received any notification email or anything, is this normal?

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I filled out an application o link above last night as I need to get new battery and charging socket replacement.

I never received any notification email or anything, is this normal?

Did you get a ticket number? I found the online chat on the website were very helpful.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you get a ticket number? I found the online chat on the website were very helpful.

I think I got a ticket number but I never noted it as I assumed I'd be contacted via email or text

I think I got a ticket number but I never noted it as I assumed I'd be contacted via email or text

There should be a section in your account page that you can see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 vdriver

bobgaf wrote: »

Have you checked that there is no dirt in the charging port? Had an issue with my oneplus where was not fast charging. The contact did not fully entered the port. Cleaned the port and the contact fits fully and now back charging fast again

vdriver wrote: »
    Have you checked that there is no dirt in the charging port? Had an issue with my oneplus where was not fast charging. The contact did not fully entered the port. Cleaned the port and the contact fits fully and now back charging fast again

Yes thanks.

My charger cables work but they are recently prone to being loose causing connection to fail and it falls off phone entirely

I just received a confirmation email from OnePlus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Does anyone know how much a new charger port costs on the 3T? No mention of cost on the site linked above

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Can anyone tell me how the repair service works?

1. If I send away a phone and they give a higher quote than I am willing to pay do they return the phone to me?

2. I bought my phone second hand. How importatnt is it to give them proof of purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I have replaced charging ports on a oneplus 3 and a 5t. Plenty of good guides online and it's probably one of the easiest repairs going. Parts are dirt cheap and available on adverts.ie and even cheaper on aliexpress if you're not in a hurry. You will need to get a T2 torx and a phillips #00 screwdrivers. The clips holding the screen on can be very tight - a guiter pick will work but a metal pry tool is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

hooplah wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how the repair service works?

1. If I send away a phone and they give a higher quote than I am willing to pay do they return the phone to me?

2. I bought my phone second hand. How importatnt is it to give them proof of purchase?

Yes, you can decline it and they will return to you.

https://www.oneplus.com/hk/support/repair-pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Yes thanks.

My charger cables work but they are recently prone to being loose causing connection to fail and it falls off phone entirely

I fixed my friends OnePlus 3 phone that was the same saw no dirt but i used a small niddle and rubbed around the connector and pulled out lots of dirt then cable stayed in and was charging fine.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Yes, you can decline it and they will return to you.

https://www.oneplus.com/hk/support/repair-pricing

That's great. Do you know if they then charge for shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Free. They send you a prepaid label you have to package it and ups collect it. It was collected Monday morning. Got an email Wednesday morning with a price I could pay or decline and have the phone returned. I chose to got it repaired. Estimated repair date is 26 August.

Thanks for the info. Wow, that's a great service really.

Advertisement