Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Civil Servant

Options
  • 25-06-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

I started in civil service in 01 and took a career break in 09. I resigned in 14 as at that point career break was 5 years.

I am waiting to return as a CO.

Can anyone confirm do I retain my service etc. Do I pay into same pension?

No one can tell me

Comments

youll have your time served, what happens to it will depend

youll be a single scheme (post 2013) member from the date you rejoin

id guess you have an option to preserve your old benefits under your old scheme for the period of time already served, but youll have to check that out further.

if your department is under the NSSO then its them you should talk to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

youll have your time served, what happens to it will depend

youll be a single scheme (post 2013) member from the date you rejoin

id guess you have an option to preserve your old benefits under your old scheme for the period of time already served, but youll have to check that out further.

if your department is under the NSSO then its them you should talk to

Sorry I haven't a clue what any of that means or what NSSO is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sorry I haven't a clue what any of that means or what NSSO is

Nsso are peoplepoint in clonskeagh.
    Their number is 0761971000.

I suggest you talk to your local HR initially.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

A colleague of mine was in a similar situation to yourself. Their service counted for incremental credit so they didn't start on point 1 but they were paid the new rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

A colleague of mine was in a similar situation to yourself. Their service counted for incremental credit so they didn't start on point 1 but they were paid the new rates.

Thank you. I managed to get someone in people point today and they said same

• Advertisement
Advertisement