Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I got a land when opening my B&W 600i Speakers!!

• 24-06-2019 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Just have a question on My floor standing speakers I decided to take apart to have a look inside as I'm thinking of building my own...
    The speakers I have a B&W 600i from back in the late 90's I bought these...
    They consist of a twitter up top and 2 7 inch speakers middle and bottom.
    Took out the bottom speaker to find its not really a speaker and not even wired up!!!?
    Is this normal...
    I have a picture...

Any ideas anyone..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Stumper931

I think it’s used as a bass radiator I have a sub that has one and also seen it on speakers like the naim muso qb.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Yip, don't even need to see the pictures :-), bass radiator, similar design used in lots of speakers.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Used to have a pair of Celestial Ditton D30 floor standers that used that system. Early 70's era that I picked up in the mid 90's at a sale.
    Lovely sound too !

Ken

Advertisement