Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certified Insurance Practioner qualification

Options
  • 23-06-2019 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

https://www.iii.ie/qualifications/certified-insurance-practitioner-cip

I completed the first module CIP-01 of this as part of my Health Insurance call centre job. I now work in tech support for a different job, but I did quite well in the first module exam of this.

I already have a Bachelor's Degree, but it's not getting me anywhere. And I'm 29.
    Anyone in an insurance-related career care to speak for prospects if I spend the money to get this qualification?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

If you have any interest at all in going back into insurance it's an essential qualification for even the more basic jobs. In itself it won't do a huge amount financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Having the qualification would make it a lot easier to progress in the industry or even re-enter it given your current position. It's a pre-requisite for most jobs, in a lot of the larger firms it's the minimum essential requirement. As Brian201888 said, it won't benefit you financially right away, but will pay off down the line.

If you wanted to get back into Insurance without the qualification you might be lucky enough to find an employer that will pay for your exams - many firms do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I only have experience in Insurance from a call centre position; I have completely different qualifications and experience and never really considered it before. (I'm autistic and I've had a....poor sense of judgement in the past) But I did very well in the first exam I did in my call centre position before changing jobs. It might suit me as a career change, but it'd be a complete change in direction. At 29, if I were to get these qualifications, is it a healthy job market to break into? (My actual college education isn't.)

I don't think I'd find a firm to pay for my exams for me, unless I went back to my old job, which I left for a reason. They delayed doing the second exam because we were too understaffed to allow study time so that wasn't their priority.

It's probably not a good idea to sink money into it. (My time, I'm not doing much better with.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate it.

Advertisement