Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddened watching the news

Options
  • 21-06-2019 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Was just watching tv3 news. They, of course, had coverage of the horrible murder of Ana Kriegel but also some other horrible crimes. One was of a creepy man who raped a young boy twice when he called to his house. The local kids used to call there for cigarettes. Another was about an older boy sexually abusing his younger cousin from when she was 5. I know these types of crimes happen all the time but the three of them dominated the news.
    It's really sickening stuff. The murder and rape of Ana and the sexual assaults that the young girl endured were both committed by children themselves. How does this happen? What do we have to watch out for? They showed the old man who raped the young boy, he looked like a total creep, it may be because I knew he was a rapist but he just looked sick. How can we pick out sick, twisted kids? It also appears to be boys who commit these sorts of crimes, is there a reason for that?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I can't find the report anymore but there is a lot of reported child on child sexual abuse, now some may be 'playing doctor' or whatever, but still, disturbing to read about. Not to mention all the foster home cases

Advertisement