Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New, trendy bars for pub crawl

Options
  • 21-06-2019 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Thinking I want to do some sort of a pub crawl one Saturday. Will be starting out earlyish and trying to hit a few spots. I have a route of sort planned with places I wanted to visit (starting off maybe at the Cobblestone and ending around O'Donoghues, with certain other places like McDaids and Kehoes all thrown in). The problem though comes from having some females in the group that are going to be doing it. They will be all perfectly happy for the most part but they wouldn't mind a more modern, stylish type of pub included in the night. The question then is what are the better and more modern type of pubs around that area. I'm ok with going to a few but I don't want to go to an empty pub just because it has a more modern and stylish look to it, it still needs to have an atmosphere.
    As a secondary question and add on to that, what would people's opinion be on a good cocktail bar, again around the area (and preferably one that won't break the bank).
    Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Cobblestone, Boars Head ,Keoghs (Jervis street), Mercantile, o Neills (Suffolk street) the Bailey bar, Lemon and Duke, Ron Blacks or Cafe En Seine, Foley's, O Donohoes.

That's the perfect route 3 newish trendy bars. And takes you on each street your crossing from Smithfield to Baggot street.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You needn't worry about the trendy bars being empty. The bars are all jammed nowadays. The Chelsea Drugstore, Hogan's and The Market bar are all within a stone's throw of each other...Maybe Dylan McGrath's Fade Street Social as well.

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Chelsea Drug Store / Market Bar and the Bank are both relatively pretty close to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Mulligan & Haines on Dame Street maybe?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LeSponge

Cobblestone, Boars Head ,Keoghs (Jervis street), Mercantile, o Neills (Suffolk street) the Bailey bar, Lemon and Duke, Ron Blacks or Cafe En Seine, Foley's, O Donohoes.

That's the perfect route 3 newish trendy bars. And takes you on each street your crossing from Smithfield to Baggot street.
    Savage thanks a million. You must have been to these places a few times, if you had to pick one of them to end in which of them would it be? As in would you start in the Cobblestone and end in O Donohoes or would you do it the other way around?

• Advertisement

I'm not a big fan of the cobblestone, if your starting over there I'd start in Oscars Cafe bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭trellheim

Change the start bar to The Belfry in Stoneybatter instead only 5 mins walk from the Cobblestone.

Wheres Keoghs on Jervis St btw, do you mean the Church, or TP Smiths ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

trellheim wrote: »
    Change the start bar to The Belfry in Stoneybatter instead only 5 mins walk from the Cobblestone.

Wheres Keoghs on Jervis St btw, do you mean the Church, or TP Smiths ?

Was wondering myself

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Birneybau wrote: »
    Was wondering myself

Keoghs is st Anne st no

Birneybau wrote: »
    Was wondering myself

Keoghs is st Anne st no

Sorry lads meant T.P Smyth's.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Seconding the belfry in Stoneybatter.

It’s a really cool spot.

Also a brand new bar short walk away down Brunswick st called Bonobo. (Bottom of constitution hill) Brand new. Very cool. Huge beer garden and great pizza.

Barbers in power grangegorman is lovely too. It can be mad quiet or really busy depending on the day. Great buzz when it’s busy, Worth a visit though. All three I mentioned are mere minutes walk from each other

Hope you have a great time :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If it's a small enough group, Idlewild is a gem for cocktails, just beside Market Bar. It's quite tight inside but they have an interesting menu.

Second Bonobo, deadly spot and will tick boxes for beer and for cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭GRACKEA

The Hacienda if it's open just on Easy Arran St too. It's weird and has a nice novelty effect while never being too crowded or anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The hacienda is thankfully a bit secret and underused.
    Imagine it became a tourist trap. Would ruin it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Capitol is a fairly busy cocktail bar around there on Aungier St

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The hacienda is thankfully a bit secret and underused.
    Imagine it became a tourist trap. Would ruin it.

That was the ruination of Frank Ryan's...i've said too much

Advertisement