Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Duvets/Cushions

Options
  • 21-06-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Afternoon all

Anyone aware of animal charities that might be interested in old duvets/cushions ??. I've a load to get rid of as part of a house clearance...and rather than dump I prefer to see if they might be of some use.

Thanks,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i recently got rid of old duvets thinking id bring them to recycling center which ended up costing me €6 to dispose
    €4 to enter the recycling center and €1 each to dispose
    i will be just binning them next time

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    Afternoon all

Anyone aware of animal charities that might be interested in old duvets/cushions ??. I've a load to get rid of as part of a house clearance...and rather than dump I prefer to see if they might be of some use.

Thanks,
    K

If they've been washed/cleaned properly, perhaps a charity for the homeless would be grateful for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

i recently got rid of old duvets thinking id bring them to recycling center which ended up costing me €6 to dispose
    €4 to enter the recycling center and €1 each to dispose
    i will be just binning them next time

How often do you be disposing of duvets that the €6 means that much to you?

For the sake of €6 , dispose of them correctly rather than just binning FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I think they can go in the clothes for Africa collection if washed and dryer. Check with any charity shop.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement