Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for musicians for Thin Lizzy Tribute Band ........

Options
  • 20-06-2019 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

People,

I am putting in the process of putting together a Thin Lizzy Tribute Band.

I am a drummer who is looking for the following musicians .....

* Bass & Vocals
    * Lead Guitar & Vocals
    * Rhythm Guitar & Vocals

Ideally, I would like to get a Bass Player with main vocals for obvious reasons, but would settle for a guitar player with main vocals. Backing vocals for the other guitar players would be an added bonus also.

Those applying should have the following;

1. Their own transport with quality gear.
    2. Must have experience of playing live.
    3. Must know how to properly play (and like) Thin Lizzy's Music
    4. Must be able to practice 1-2 times a week, until we learn a full set-list, initially mostly at weekends.
    5. Must have the drive, determination and interest to learn a set-list of approx 20-30 tracks.
    6. Age doesn't really matter to me once you have all of the above .......

About Me:
    I'm 41 and have been playing music/drums since I was around 15 years old. I have played in numerous bands over the years (mostly Rock / Hard Rock / Metal) that played both original music and covers. I have a good bit of studio experience and alot of live experience. I have my own dedicated rehearsal space in Edenderry, Co. Offaly which is where practice will take place.

FINALLY ......
    I'm putting this band together cause I love playing and want to get back out playing live and have a bit of craic.

I'm not into doing stuff half arsed so once this band gets up and running, I intend to be the best known Thin Lizzy Tribute Act in the country, known for their live performances and set, so if you don't agree with this, then don't bother getting in touch. This intends to be a serious project and intends to be a band that gigs regularly, so no time-wasters need apply.

If you are interested and wanna play live, have a bit of craic and make some cash in the process, then drop me a PM with any info about yourself ...... Age, Experience etc and we will go from there.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

oops just seen it ...Offaly...too far for me. Would love this though. Good luck....can't beat a bit of Lizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

i;ve been trying to put a lizzy band together for years but im Dublin based. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

Hi.

Very interested in this.

Lead guitarist, Based in Kilcock, Kildare.
    Have played in lots of lizzy bands over the years, and played at the vibe in 2000 & 2001!! Long time ago.

39 years old, own gear, transport etc etc...
    I'd be rusty on the songs but would all come back with practice/time.
    Edenderry is 20 minutes up the road from me... practice at least once a week not a problem.

Let me know when you have this up and running with full band. Interested.

Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Hi
    I too am a guitarist in 40s who would be into this I have my own gear and transport. Id be a bit rusty on the Lizzy stuff too but would get there soon enough with regular Jamming.

PM me if interested

• Advertisement
Advertisement