Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Tale of Two Apple Trees

Options
  • 19-06-2019 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hello, I don't know anything about tress or gardening.

We have 2 apples trees in our back garden - we planted them about 5 years ago. One of them has always seemed a bit stronger than the other - we put this down to it being in a little less shade than the other one but in recent years the more sickly of the two seems to have been getting worse.

There were a number of dead branches on it during the winter and I was advised by a relative to chop these off , which I did.

Is there anything I can do about it or any product I can get to try and improve the dodgy looking tree?

Photos attached.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It looks diseased, maybe a fungus?

Advertisement