Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm upgrade quote

Options
  • 19-06-2019 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Hi - Just looking for some second opinions on the below quote..

I have a hardwired 'secure watch' HKC alarm installed, showing one fault and low battery... I could easily change the battery myself but figured we'd get the system upgraded.. I was quoted the below, just wondering if the experts on the fourm here think its a fair enough cost or on the steeper end of things? needless to say its higher than I hoped but aren't these things always that way!!

Relocation of external bell box plus supply and fit a new one.
    Change panel to HKC 10270 + new keypad.
    Supply and fit 1x Gsm sc (app control)
    1x 7amp battery
    1x wireless pir
    1x wireless inertia
    Locate fault on upstairs zone.
    €940 + vat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donnacha_

Why are they relocating External Bell ? Gsm Should be optional, Is there a reason for the extra wireless inertia & pir ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Doop

Well to be fair I had asked him to do that, he says the existing external bell is shot anyway. I did want the HKC app which I suppose is why the GSM is included, and again I asked for the extra PIR and inertia, so to be fair hes priced exactly what we asked for.
    You reckon the price is fair enough so?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donnacha_

Yes its within reason.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

As always the recommendation is to get three quotes.

Also "Gsm sc", that is old kit, I'd be requesting a "GSM-WiFi":
    https://www.hkcsecurity.com/uk/product/gsm-wifi/

The GSM-WiFi is dual-path, that means it can communicate with the HKC servers over two channels, Wifi first and if that fails, it can fall back to GSM.

The "Gsm sc", is single path only, GSM only. For that price, I'd be expecting a GSM-Wifi to be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Doop

Thanks for the above...
    One last query...are there any alternatives to the HKC 10270 keypad as its kind of clunky looking... needles to say I understand upgrading from it (if possible) would cost more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could upgrade to most systems.
    Siemens Vanderbilt, GSD, Risco, Aritech etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Seems like a reasonable price. Personally I would stick with HKC as it is very solid.

As suggested by KoolKid it would be possible to go with a different brand. Out of the ones suggested I would only consider the Siemens (as they are known for making excellent kit) I just don’t rate the others.

Advertisement