Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I advised of different speeds between Eir & Vodafone?

Options
  • 18-06-2019 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Eir have advised me that they can provide up to 50mbps speeds at my home whereas Vodafone who use the same lines can only offer 12mbps? Pure Telecom (also using the same lines) can offer 8mbps.

Considering they all use the same OpenEir network I thought speeds would be the same regardless of provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eircode, in here:
    https://airwire.ie/index.php/avail

Treat it as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Delta2

Thanks ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

ED E wrote: »
    Eircode, in here:
    https://airwire.ie/index.php/avail

Treat it as gospel.

It's not though.

I get a solid 12mb even though airwire says 7mb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

tells me i cant get fibre to the home when i can........

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's not though.

I get a solid 12mb even though airwire says 7mb

7 and 12 are two rungs on the scale. You probably prequal for 11.5 or something so the OpenEir database lists you as 7Mb the next one down.

All prequalifications are estimates, but the Airwire db is the best way to interact with those estimates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

daheff wrote: »
    tells me i cant get fibre to the home when i can........

Have you tried to get fibre though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

ED E wrote: »
    7 and 12 are two rungs on the scale. You probably prequal for 11.5 or something so the OpenEir database lists you as 7Mb the next one down.

All prequalifications are estimates, but the Airwire db is the best way to interact with those estimates.

Possibly so. Maybe Digiweb's line checker is worth a look for the OP as it is more accurate in my case; they say I can get 11mb on DSL or 7mb on fibre

Advertisement