Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar pump to boost my hosepipe

Options
  • 18-06-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing? Something that I can connect somewhere along the hosepipe to get a bit of extra pressure?

Looking on ebay I can't see anything

I don't have good water pressure and watering the garden can be time consuming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

amandstu wrote: »
    Is there such a thing? Something that I can connect somewhere along the hosepipe to get a bit of extra pressure?

Looking on ebay I can't see anything

I don't have good water pressure and watering the garden can be time consuming.

Is this from a water but or a tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭amandstu

I have a water tank that I run a hose from (quite a distance)

If I run a hose from the house the pressure is a little better but not so much (and that water is metered whereas the former method is just collected rainwater in large quantities .

It is quite high up but even so the pressure at the end of the hosepipe(s) is not brilliant.

If I could speed up delivery I could do more with my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

It's not solar powered but might do what you're after, even if you need to use an extension lead
    https://www.aldi.ie/gardenline-water-butt-pump/p/011936259936600

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭amandstu

Alkers wrote: »
    It's not solar powered but might do what you're after, even if you need to use an extension lead
    https://www.aldi.ie/gardenline-water-butt-pump/p/011936259936600

Thanks,yes I would have to get a butt and an extension lead.

Maybe it would be as easy to put a pump in my existing tank and attach the hose to it there.It is quite a distance (I have 3 hoses joined together for the furthest parts of the garden)

Advertisement