Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Solar pump to boost my hosepipe

• 18-06-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ amandstu

Is there such a thing? Something that I can connect somewhere along the hosepipe to get a bit of extra pressure?

Looking on ebay I can't see anything

I don't have good water pressure and watering the garden can be time consuming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭ Alkers

amandstu wrote: »
    Is there such a thing? Something that I can connect somewhere along the hosepipe to get a bit of extra pressure?

Looking on ebay I can't see anything

I don't have good water pressure and watering the garden can be time consuming.

Is this from a water but or a tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ amandstu

I have a water tank that I run a hose from (quite a distance)

If I run a hose from the house the pressure is a little better but not so much (and that water is metered whereas the former method is just collected rainwater in large quantities .

It is quite high up but even so the pressure at the end of the hosepipe(s) is not brilliant.

If I could speed up delivery I could do more with my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭ Alkers

It's not solar powered but might do what you're after, even if you need to use an extension lead
    https://www.aldi.ie/gardenline-water-butt-pump/p/011936259936600

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ amandstu

Alkers wrote: »
    It's not solar powered but might do what you're after, even if you need to use an extension lead
    https://www.aldi.ie/gardenline-water-butt-pump/p/011936259936600

Thanks,yes I would have to get a butt and an extension lead.

Maybe it would be as easy to put a pump in my existing tank and attach the hose to it there.It is quite a distance (I have 3 hoses joined together for the furthest parts of the garden)

Advertisement