Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not very legal practice of medicine

Options
  • 18-06-2019 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi!

Few time ago, a friend of mine recommended me a clinic (that looks modern and quite alternative) due to a chronicle health condition that I have. Having doubts about it, I decided to go because the clinic is run by a doctor.

Unfortunately, It was a very big and bizarre scam. The person who was doing the diagnosis and treatments has not idea of medicine and he told me not to follow the suggestions of my GP for other medical condition that I have (Yes, I have few medical conditions) because they are able to make better diagnosis than doctors.

They gave me an alternative treatment and they want me to do more testings in this "clinic" (charging them, of course). I was diagnose with things that I dont have (and they can not be "tested" by doctors).

I paid the fee and I run away. I didnt follow the treatment and I am not going to do it. The problem is that these criminals are free, giving medical advice and promoting themselves as doctors.

What can we do about??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Report them to Dept. of Health, to your local HSE hq. and to the GP you normally attend. Ask him/her to get on to the authorities re your experiences.

Advertisement