Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian beer in Ireland

Options
  • 17-06-2019 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any places where the likes of VB, Tooheys New, Carlton Cold, Cascade etc can be bought for carry out in Dublin or online? (not the Woolshed at €5.20 a bottle!)

I've looked in a few places and can't see anywhere. O'Brien's seemed to have had them a few years ago but no more.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Only Aussie beer you might find easily enough is Coopers, I know Molloy's used to stock it. I haven't noticed it there for a while, but I wouldn't have been looking for it either. Drinkstore and Martin's in Fairview both have it on their websites. O'Brien's used to stock VB, not sure if they still sell it though, it's a long time since I saw it there. After that I'd say your chances are pretty slim I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Why do you want them? Any generic macro lager will plug those gaps for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Why do you want them? Any generic macro lager will plug those gaps for you.

It's a nostalgia thing rather than taste :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

jay0109 wrote: »
    It's a nostalgia thing rather than taste :p

You can say that again, cobbler.

Try down the Abbeycreek or https://mitchellandson.com/collections/australian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Thanks but never really drank Coopers when over there. And I see O'Briens have it listed.
    Seems to be the only Aussie beer available in off licences in Ireland unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭downtheroad

jay0109 wrote: »
    Thanks but never really drank Coopers when over there. And I see O'Briens have it listed.
    Seems to be the only Aussie beer available in off licences in Ireland unfortunately

Martin's in Fairview definitely used to have more than just Coppers. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Martin's in Fairview definitely used to have more than just Coppers. Worth a try.

Instead of down the road he could try up the road in the 6 counties.

http://www.gapwines.com/product/view/type/beer/item/137#

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Danzy wrote: »
    Instead of down the road he could try up the road in the 6 counties.

http://www.gapwines.com/product/view/type/beer/item/137#

None of the Aussie beers mentioned are imported to ROI currently apart from Cooper's, Danzys suggestion of looking up North is your best bet atm. UK market is bigger and shops up there have better access to it.

Advertisement