Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skincare routine help!

Options
  • 17-06-2019 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I’m clueless when it comes to this topic, so if anyone can offer any advice it would be appreciated.. I spend 77 euro today on a cleanser and moisturizer is that normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

It’s not abnormal if that helps?

Would need to have a lot more information to offer any advice. Like age, skin type, specific skin issues etc. What’s your current routine? What do you want to achieve?

Everyone needs a daily spf and a good cleanser but after that there are a lot of variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TBH unless you have problem skin (ie acne or another serious skin problem like rosacea) then I don't think anyone should be spending a fortune on skincare. I think most skintypes would be fine with a good facial wash cleaned off with a facecloth, miceller water and a moisturiser in the evenings and a moisturiser and SPF for the daytime. It all depends on what type of skin you have though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TBH unless you have problem skin (ie acne or another serious skin problem like rosacea) then I don't think anyone should be spending a fortune on skincare. I think most skintypes would be fine with a good facial wash cleaned off with a facecloth, miceller water and a moisturiser in the evenings and a moisturiser and SPF for the daytime. It all depends on what type of skin you have though.

Well... I like a decently high end product, I’ve used Image predominantly for years and i think it’s worth it. That did, Image is not the uptime high end of the market. I’d focus on skincare brands with active ingredients in their products rather than cosmetics brands that also do skincare.

But I agree, if you’re not doing the basics right then there’s a limit to what expensive products can do. Factors like smoking and sun exposure can undo any good skincare efforts.

Miceller water alone is not a sufficient cleanse, especially not if you wear make up. I’d always follow up with a cleanse with a face cloth, liquid cleanser and warm water.

If you use Instagram there are some good skincare people to follow, like Caroline Hirons.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Recliner

SozBbz wrote: »
    Well... I like a decently high end product, I’ve used Image predominantly for years and i think it’s worth it. That did, Image is not the uptime high end of the market. I’d focus on skincare brands with active ingredients in their products rather than cosmetics brands that also do skincare.

But I agree, if you’re not doing the basics right then there’s a limit to what expensive products can do. Factors like smoking and sun exposure can undo any good skincare efforts.

Miceller water alone is not a sufficient cleanse, especially not if you wear make up. I’d always follow up with a cleanse with a face cloth, liquid cleanser and warm water.

If you use Instagram there are some good skincare people to follow, like Caroline Hirons.

Having raved about the Pixi/Caroline Hirons double cleanse just now on another thread, I'd definitely second looking her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I had a yonka facial recently and was recommended all sorts of products, probably 300+ worth which I just was not willing to spend. I ended up buying a facial oil and a mask, which came to 97 so I dont think your cost is abnormally high for high end skincare.

As for advice, I have upped my water intake, reduced soft drink intake, use a hot cloth cleanser most mornings, and then a gel cleanser (always double cleanse!), oil/serum, then moisturiser, then spf. Every 2/3 nights I use a hydrating overnight mask. It seems to be working for me as apparently (according to my facial person) my skin is very dehydrated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement