Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridesmaid Hairstyles

Options
  • 17-06-2019 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Any suggestions for bridesmaid hairstyles?
    Both have similar mid length (but fine) hair so i'm thinking up-styles for them but just not sure what kind of accessories to be buying for their hair!
    I don't want to spend a fortune on hair clips or slides etc and then not use them....
    I've had a look on google but there are just too many options!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Have you asked your bridesmaids? I personally don't like matchy hairstyles, it looks quite childish. They also are likely to have different face shapes, neck lengths, ear sizes etc. so are likely to have their own preference so let them choose their own styles. Flowers are really pretty in hair, my bridesmaid chose to have my main wedding flower in her hair and recently had baby's breath in her hair at her own wedding and it was really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Have you asked your bridesmaids? I personally don't like matchy hairstyles, it looks quite childish. They also are likely to have different face shapes, neck lengths, ear sizes etc. so are likely to have their own prefrence so let them choose their own styles. Flowers are really pretty in hair, my bridesmaid chose to have my main wedding flower in her hair and recently had baby's breath in her hair at her own wedding and it was really lovely.

Oh Christ.....now you're really confusing me :P:P
    They have both said up-styles, i was planning on having them with up-styles and me with hair down as i don't really like my hair caught back for hours on end (migraine suffer :o:rolleyes:)

Give yourself one less job and tell them to get photos of upstyles they like from Pinterest, send them to you, you can see if you like them then you can send them to your hairdresser!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Do you know what, your right - i can't be doing with the stress of that (even though it's not a huge thing to stress over!!)

There are just so many options with everything....it gets quite overwhelming!!!

Do you know what, your right - i can't be doing with the stress of that (even though it's not a huge thing to stress over!!)

There are just so many options with everything....it gets quite overwhelming!!!

Ah stop, you can totally get carried away in nonsense details that don't matter. I just told my bridesmaid the colour dress I wanted (it is both our favourite colour so I knew there was no issues) and we sent each other photos of dresses we liked. She picked her hair and we went shopping for her to pick a bag and shoes she liked. I wasn't wearing any of it so I didn't see why I should choose the hairstyle, shoes and handbag of a grown woman!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I would second asking them what sort of thing they'd like, and to look for example pictures - they'll know what sort of thing works in their own hair, and it is really helpful for the hairdresser to have pictures for reference as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Just let them chose themselves. I would find it really weird if someone started telling me what way my hair had to be. You want them relaxed and happy, not dying all day to take 45 pins out. Get a photo from each of them, ask your hairdresser if she can do something like that and job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The lady doing the hair for my wedding has an Instagram page where posts all the wedding she does. I sent my bridesmaids a link and told them to pick a style and show it to her on the day. It’s easier for them to pick something they like.

Advertisement