Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Possible to fix this damage to lower hard black plastic bumper?

Options
  • 16-06-2019 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,

Is it possible to repair this damage to the lower black bumper shown in this photo?

482876.JPG

It's the hard black plastic rather than the coloured bumper.

Any advice on how to go about that without spending a fortune?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭corks finest

dos101 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Is it possible to repair this damage to the lower black bumper shown in this photo?

It's the hard black plastic rather than the coloured bumper.

Any advice on how to go about that without spending a fortune?

Thanks!
    Might get eaten for this but if it's solid plastic I'd sand/ file it down- spray a matt black over the whole bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dos101

That's not bad advice I think CorksFinest, I didn't risk the paint but I used boiling water to soften the plastic a bit, then a medium grade sanding block followed by fine grade sandpaper, its far from ideal but a lot less noticable now i think

482889.JPG

That's not bad advice I think CorksFinest, I didn't risk the paint but I used boiling water to soften the plastic a bit, then a medium grade sanding block followed by fine grade sandpaper, its far from ideal but a lot less noticable now i think
    That's what I'd have done aswell ( try the paint not difficult)

That's what I'd have done aswell ( try the paint not difficult)
    Good job

Advertisement