Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting different exams in different centres

Options
  • 15-06-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I'm an external student aiming to sit the leaving in 2020, and I would ideally like to sit it in my old school to be with my former classmates - I'm aware that the school is not obliged to facilitate me, but this is going under the assumption that they will.

I do a subject that my former school doesn't offer, and I don't want to ask them to open on a day when none of their own students even have an exam to sit. So is it possible for me to sit this one exam / oral in a different centre and still do the rest of them at the other school? Or do I have to do them all in the same place?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not up to you to ask the school to open. If candidate 123456 is sitting their exams in Centre 1234 and they want to sit any subject, the SEC will arrange it. The candidate doesn't have to do anything.

You do them all in the one place. The oral might be arranged for you somewhere else as they tend to happen during term time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The exam centre will be open for you to sit the exam, the school doesn't have any control over that. The SEC are paying the superintendent to supervise you. You might also find that you're not the only one, as other students might be taking the subject outside school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I have personal experience of sitting a subject for leaving that my school doesn’t do. I was in the same centre with the same SEC superintendent I had for the whole leaving cert, just was on my own. Make sure you check in early in the school year with your chosen school to make sure they will take you.

Advertisement