Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruined a lifelong career

Options
  • 14-06-2019 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I have a medical coming up next week which I only just heard about , there is going to be a drugs test which I will fail. I’ve been smoking cannabis regularly.

I’m not sure what I’m looking for in here but hopefully there’s a way of clearing my system quickly

This job would mean the world to me and would be a shame to lose the opportunity over such stupidity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I have a medical coming up next week which I only just heard about , there is going to be a drugs test which I will fail. I’ve been smoking cannabis regularly.

I’m not sure what I’m looking for in here but hopefully there’s a way of clearing my system quickly

This job would mean the world to me and would be a shame to lose the opportunity over such stupidity

A friend of mine went for Airt traffic control and he was also drug tested. He didn’t smoke for a couple of weeks and binged on orange and fruit juices. Not sure how effective they are. Anyway he got the job and he’s there 10 years. Don’t count yourself out yet mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Be a shame to pull a muscle in your back this close to the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

rottie 11 wrote: »

Eat a dozen lemons, I'm not joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Those tests are hardly ever supervised. Bring in a clean sample, make sure it's body temperature.

Those tests are hardly ever supervised. Bring in a clean sample, make sure it's body temperature.

And not from a pregnant woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Peatys wrote: »
    And not from a pregnant woman

An acquaintance of mine recently got kicked out of a Peter McVerry sober house for making that exact mistake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A friend of mine went for Airt traffic control and he was also drug tested. He didn’t smoke for a couple of weeks and binged on orange and fruit juices. Not sure how effective they are. Anyway he got the job and he’s there 10 years. Don’t count yourself out yet mate!

I don't think I want my air traffic controllers smoking cannabis tbh.

I don't think I want my air traffic controllers smoking cannabis tbh.

Not on the job obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been reading about it today and apparently cranberry juice , lemon juice , creatine etc don’t work with the new tests.

I think clean urine is my only option tbh or fake urine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Appreciate the situation you’re in OP, but please no more mention of falsifying your test.

Posters - no moralising either on the wrongs of cannabis. That’s not helpful in this situation.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

dudara wrote: »
    Appreciate the situation you’re in OP, but please no more mention of falsifying your test.

Posters - no moralising either on the wrongs of cannabis. That’s not helpful in this situation.

dudara

Apologies for that won’t happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Interesting site Ursus. No exercise ...? I wonder why.

OP I know nothing about Cannibus. I think anecdotal stories are likely to be very different from science.

Could you ask your DR about it? Or A Doctor?

That being said. Could you tell your job about it?

I mean I am teetotaler but I am quite open minded. What is to say they will not be too?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Couple of decades since I had a medical. Is this common practice or a very specific field?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Abba987 wrote: »
    Couple of decades since I had a medical. Is this common practice or a very specific field?

I've a mate who is a sparks on oil tankers at sea in UK and he gets tested regularly...

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Abba987 wrote: »

It's common enough practice and not only in jobs but also in schools now.

I am certain Doctors must be asked about this at least every so often.

And at least the OP would be sure he/she was getting accurate and factual knowledge whatever it was, rather than trying all kinds and it not making a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nutjobb

Run/exercise and steam room to sweat as much as possible.

You can buy kits online to test yourself through an irish pharmacy, can't remember their name now but a quick Google will help. Test yourself the days approaching it and if your not passing, make up an excuse and reschedule it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

As I don't think there's any useful advice you can get from this thread, I'm going to close it.

Either way I wish you luck with the test.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement