Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Call Confirm app Android 9

Options
  • 14-06-2019 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

Am getting desperate for a call confirm app that will work on my Mate 20 pro on Android 9.

I did have two apps on my previous phone (HTC U11) and they do not work on the Huawei.

I have already downloaded what I think is all the call confirm apps from the Playstore, with no success.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What's a call confirm app?

What's a call confirm app?

Apparently it's an app which makes you confirm making a phone call before it dials. Useful for people who somehow manage to dial numbers in their pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Basil3 wrote: »
    Apparently it's an app which makes you confirm making a phone call before it dials. Useful for people who somehow manage to dial numbers in their pocket?

Doesn't Android also have a pocket detection mode ( detects when the phone is in your pocket disables touch input)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Basil3 wrote: »

Exactly, but I seem to accidentally call people when my phone is in my bag etc.

Used to have an app that worked perfectly, just asking to confirm whether I want to call or not, have not found one that works with this phone :(

Don't know if it is a Huawei thing, or Android 9.

dragona wrote: »
    Exactly, but I seem to accidentally call people when my phone is in my bag etc.

Used to have an app that worked perfectly, just asking to confirm whether I want to call or not, have not found one that works with this phone :(

Don't know if it is a Huawei thing, or Android 9.

I would look into why you're accidentally calling people, because that shouldn't be happening, and you shouldn't need a third party app to stop it.

Do you use any kind of security on your phone, or you've completely removed the lock screen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Sorry if this is stupid but have you considered just getting a flip case? That seems to me to be the most effective solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use

The

Fingerprint

Reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Aha. I have finger print security, face recognition, my screen timeout is set at two minutes. I don't want a flip case.

I want a call confirmation app :)
    Seems there isn't one that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Aha. I have finger print security, face recognition, my screen timeout is set at two minutes. I don't want a flip case.

2 min is a huge amount of time for the screen timeout, maybe bring down to 20secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,831 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I want one too & had the same experience as you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement