Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly fishing

Options
  • 14-06-2019 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Fly line .. rio trout freshwater WF6I intermediate clear.. and rio trout freshwater
    WF6F floating lemon green has any one used it ans what do u think and reviews on it thenks Anthony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Both Decent lines - you get what you pay for with rio but rio are more prone to cracking than any other line I have used, not all the time, and they last about a season if they do go bad but if I can find a line similar like airflo ill usually go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anto12345

ardinn wrote: »
    Both Decent lines - you get what you pay for with rio but rio are more prone to cracking than any other line I have used, not all the time, and they last about a season if they do go bad but if I can find a line similar like airflo ill usually go with that.

Thanks i have airflow and corthland on my other reel .. taught i c how i went with rio

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Got one last season a wf7 floating, the line memory on it was a disaster to cast with straight out of the box and the tip cracked very badly to the point that i have to cut back the predone loop on it. Took it off the reel after about 3 months use. Might have been just my bad luck but will be avoiding in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I think there have been a few fake Rio lines about for a couple of years. A genuine Rio line is one of the best there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I think there have been a few fake Rio lines about for a couple of years. A genuine Rio line is one of the best there is.

I deal directly with rio and as above my 5# out of the box trout LT line was like a slinky - Took ages to loosen it up. The more I think of it the less i Like rio, However if you get a good rio line its probably the best out there - The issue is spending the average of €80 on a chance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement