Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60k - 80k Decision! Can it be done?

Options
  • 13-06-2019 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey Fellow Construction Enthusiasts, I could do with some vital input .
    I find myself in a scenario where I have a 3 story building (estimate 160sqm) in need of a major renovation in the North west of Ireland.

Intentions are to convert the building into a 4 bed 2 En suite 2 off suite Home, average finish, fully project mange the build myself Subcontract Etc.

Starting with Inside
    • A complete strip out
    • Structural Tie rods to Tie the building together, I believe
    • Roof only 1 of 2 Upsides, it needs some strengthening with new timber 80% good repair
    • Complete wiring + storage heaters
    • Plumb the showers, sinks, sewers no central heating
    • Windows the other Upside, are brand new both front & back
    • Slab + plaster
    Outside
    • Guttering
    • 30 % plastering example around reveals + soft spots

Important points Building is not Listed the ground floor is commercial so (Change of use planning) I have not had a survey done yet still I witnessed the work done on the previous neighbors same building however they are no longer around to seek advice.

My questions are,
    1. How do I establish an estimate i.e. building cost per square meter?
    2. Where would you suggest I could keep costs down?

Finally time isn’t entirely priority but within reason.

Thank you for viewing.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement