Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are consistent 8 month contracts an option?

Options
  • 13-06-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi
    I left my last job a few months ago - took a redundancy package that was being offered. Currently taking a few months off, before I head back to the workforce....

My other half works, good salary, 2 children and thankfully, no considerable debts, so the permanent roles with pension, health etc will not be my overriding concern...
    While I love my time off at the moment, I am not sure I will be able to hack it in the depths of winter when the children are at school...

Couple of questions....
    Is it feasible in only can consider 8-9 month contract roles? I work in the area of finance/ business operations...
    While reimbursement is a big consideration, It’s not my main focus....I would be more concerned about a haphazard CV where I only work x months of the year...is this something I should be concerned about?

Anyone out there doing this at the moment?

Many thanks
    Maura

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

mauraf wrote: »
    Couple of questions....
    Is it feasible in only can consider 8-9 month contract roles? I work in the area of finance/ business operations...
    While reimbursement is a big consideration, It’s not my main focus....I would be more concerned about a haphazard CV where I only work x months of the year...is this something I should be concerned about?

Finance/Operations is a big area, so it is difficult to comment on this.

A lot will depend on the skill set you offer, your reputation and what is traditional in your area of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Join an agency or apply for roles with "maternity cover" in the title.

2 way street, job may hire you and want to invest in you :)

Advertisement