Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the price

Options
  • 12-06-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

So my dog went into the vet yesterday for an xray and pancreatitis test. Xray was inconclusive so they held him over night. Re xrayed him again this morning and then opened him up to see if what was causing the blockage in his gut. They are keeping him overnight again tonight.

I've never had to have him overnight in the vets before. Anyone guesstimate from their experience ball park what kind of price you think this will cost? I forgot to ask the vet when I was on the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Would you not just ring the vet back and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

It kind of makes no odds really. What ever it is will have to be paid when I collect him tomorrow.

I say this not that I have ooddles of spare cash - but it will be going on the credit card regardless. And there wasn't other options in terms of treatment. So knowing now just gives me tonight to worry about it. And yes I'm fully aware that I'm ignoring the issue until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

So my dog went into the vet yesterday for an xray and pancreatitis test. Xray was inconclusive so they held him over night. Re xrayed him again this morning and then opened him up to see if what was causing the blockage in his gut. They are keeping him overnight again tonight.

I've never had to have him overnight in the vets before. Anyone guesstimate from their experience ball park what kind of price you think this will cost? I forgot to ask the vet when I was on the phone.

Ok so 2 weeks ago I had my guy in the vets on a drip (day visit) suspected pancreatitis... costs came to €600 (am based North Wicklow)

This included:

Kept in full day on a drip (not over night)
    Anti vomiting injections
    pain injection
    Full blood panel
    Bloods for one external "snap" test for external lab (apparently a special pancreatitis test)
    Anti vomiting tablets to bring home 5 days
    urine sample / check
    plus 5 tins of the RC low fat food for pancreatitis (needed him to eat anything at this stage)
    No Xrays

Thankfully pet insurance covers €325 of it

he was diagnosed with it unfortunately... now on Lypex (digestive enzymes) each month for €85 .. that's before another flare up

Hi cocker, snap test they did in house and came back neg. There was a bloackage which was in my understanding massaged out and helped to move out. They will be feeding him today and sending him home tomorrow. I don't think he was on a drip.

Hi cocker, snap test they did in house and came back neg. There was a bloackage which was in my understanding massaged out and helped to move out. They will be feeding him today and sending him home tomorrow. I don't think he was on a drip.

Ahh brilliant thank god test came back negative x

• Advertisement

He's home now and while I had a figure in my head- it came in a lot less than that so pleasantly surprised!

He's home now and while I had a figure in my head- it came in a lot less than that so pleasantly surprised!

Glad he's home and doing ok ;)

Advertisement