Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Connected - BSc in Information Technology

Options
  • 12-06-2019 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Has anyone completed this course recently and if so how would you rate it?

There is a thread on this course already but its a few years old and it looks like most of the modules have changed since. I'd love to hear reviews from people that have completed the course recently and what you thought of the course structure, content, work load etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Has anyone completed this course recently and if so how would you rate it?

There is a thread on this course already but its a few years old and it looks like most of the modules have changed since. I'd love to hear reviews from people that have completed the course recently and what you thought of the course structure, content, work load etc.

I have completed the BSc in Information Technology with DCU Connected. A lot of pros and cons with this degree. The work load is heavy but this depends on how many modules you take each year. You can do 4 modules max in year 1 and the same for year 2. These 8 modules are classed as diploma modules. You can exit the programme with a diploma if you do not wish to complete the degree. This is known as an exit award. You have to do an additional 6 modules for the degree. 3 modules max per year. It is possible to complete this degree in 4 years but most students take about 5/6 years on average. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 foolofatook

I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about this degree if you're happy to answer some questions? Do you think the quality/content of the degree would be similar to other full time undergraduate IT/CS degrees? Also is there a good bit of programming involved? I was looking at the Computing and IT degree with the Open University but have decided against it as it has minimal programming but this DCU one seems to be a bit more in depth.

Advertisement