Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead conifer

Options
  • 11-06-2019 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭

I have a conifer in my back garden thats gone brown and withered (DEAD). Its about 10 foot in height. I was wondering would anyone know are there businesses/people out their that would collect and get rid of it for me. I live in Dublin. Also I might need a hand digging it up as its well rooted into the soil so if they assist with this it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Odelay

An hour with a bushman saw, gloves and a bit of thought would make short work of it. Then have a think about the root/stump. Shouldn’t be too big if it’s only ten foot tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cheers Odelay. I will saw it up into pieces and give the root a go. Thanks for the reply. Its sad to see it go like this as I had it planted for about 12 years and it gave a bit of privacy from the neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Connifer roots tend to be on the shallow side so you might be in for less of a job than it first appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Leave a good bit of trunk sticking up to give you some leverage on the root.

Advertisement