Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about working with a CSEP when you enter Ireland

Options
  • 11-06-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

[Cross post from Legal Discussion]
    Hi,

I have been working on Ireland for the past 2 and a half years on a CSEP, meaning that I went 3 times to the GNIB already and now I am a Stamp 4 holder.

I never had issues when renewing my visa (apart from someone asking something that I might have forgotten like payslips).

But, I did have an odd situation when I entered Ireland. On my passport its written (Register for CSEP) on the first stamp that I got on immigration, which is odd as I did show them the CSEP when entering the country. Only yesterday (because me and my friends were chatting about the time that we moved to Ireland) I noticed that it states something on the lines of (Not allowed to work by the minister of justice). Notice that at that time I already had a valid CSEP at hand.
    I asked the company (which closed here in Ireland) and they said that there was no reason for me not to work (probably because I had the CSEP with me already).

My concern is that this might become an issue when applying for citizenship. What would be considered here, what I have on my passport or the fact that I had the CSEP with me?

Advertisement